East of Richland, the Nathaniel Prothro Plantation was the largest cotton plantation in Stewart County at the beginning of the Civil War. The Greek Revival main house was built by 1851 by Dan E. Ponder. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on May 2, 1985
The Deer, quail, dove, feral boar and turkey populations attract hunters from all over the country to dozens of private hunting preserves around Richland
Sitting at the northern end of 5,000-acre Lake this quiet park offers the perfect getaway for those who love water sports and Fishing.